Please also see my Privacy & Data Policy which includes my Cookies Policy
By making a booking with HCube (which includes Lorraine Groves and any Associates as may be deemed so by HCube) for an initial consultation, or a wellbeing session, hereafter referred to as a ‘session’, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions as follows:-
1. Sessions and Fees
1.1. Each standard session lasts approximately 60 to 90 minutes and current fees are shown on the Home page. Fees are subject to change at any time.
1.2. All session fees are payable in advance as only full payment secures the booking.
1.3. Additional fees may be payable for sessions provided outside of agreed times, geographical areas or timescales. Any additional fees will be advised in writing prior to the acceptance of any booking.
1.4. Payment methods accepted are: Bank Transfer or PayPal. Bank details are available on request.
1.5. Invoices are issued on request.
2. Commitment, Standards of Behaviour and Code of Conduct
2.1. Therapy requires commitment and motivation to gain the best results. Part of the progress happens in the therapy room, and part is achieved through reflection or work done outside of the therapy room, sometimes referred to as homework.
2.2. As a client you commit to engage with the process both during the session and afterwards, by completing any homework that you are given.
2.3. Throughout your therapy (inclusive of initial consultation/sessions) HCube will treat you with courtesy and respect, including respecting your privacy and confidentiality (see point 8).
2.4. You in turn agree to treat with courtesy and respect all employees and Associates of HCube, including respecting their privacy and confidentiality.
2.5. You agree to attend sessions on time, and not under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those prescribed by your General Practitioner or any Doctor you are under the care of. Any prescribed drugs should be disclosed on your client record form during the initial consultation session.
2.6. If your conduct should contravene these standards, then HCube or any Associate of it reserve the right to terminate the session and or refuse any future sessions. Any payment for sessions made in advance will be forfeited.
2.7. All employees and associates of HCube adhere to the codes of conduct as specified by their individual registered bodies. For Lorraine Groves this includes the CNHC; the GHR; the BSCH and the ACBS.
3. Consumer Contracts Regulations
3.1. You have the right to cancel any order made over the phone, by email, text or via the internet as per the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
4. Cancellation Policy
4.1. Our cancellation and rescheduling policy requires at least 24 hours notice in writing or the full session fee will be charged. Any request to reschedule a session will not be unreasonably withheld.
4.2. Appointments booked less than 24 hours in advance cannot be cancelled or rescheduled without the full session fee being charged.
4.3. Any request for refund for advance paid sessions cancelled prior to the agreed 24 hours will be made by direct payment to your bank account within 5 working days of the date of the request.
4.4. If an emergency requires HCube to cancel your session, as much notice as possible will be given to you (see point 7). If this notice is less than 24 hours you will be entitled to a full refund for the session if you prefer not to reschedule. This will be processed within the above timescale.
5.1. If you are running late or anticipate running late for your session, please leave a message (calls are not answered when working with a client), or send a text to 07525 434244. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate lost time, this is not always possible and therefore please understand that the session may have to finish at the originally scheduled finish time.
6. Contact outside of Sessions
6.1. Unless prior agreement is made, it is expected that there will not be any contact outside of sessions (unless for rescheduling or cancellation). If contact is required it is requested to be made by email only.
6.2. Future sessions are requested to be arranged during the current session. This will be followed up with an email which will provide all details of the session arranged including the session fee.
6.3. All emails, calls and messages will be responded to as soon as reasonably practicable as time permits between sessions and within normal opening hours. HCube do not operate a crisis or emergency service. If you need to speak to someone immediately please contact your GP, the NHS Non-Emergency Number by dialling 111 or in the event of an emergency call an ambulance on 999.
6.4. Once a session has been confirmed reminder emails are not routinely sent so please do not rely on a reminder.
6.5. Payment reminders may be sent at HCube’s discretion. If you have not made payment prior to the session (and you have not previously advised HCube of the reason/s why or made arrangements to pay by cash) then your session is not confirmed and you should not turn up without first contacting HCube.
7. Contacting You (excluding session arrangement)
7.1. If it is necessary for HCube to contact you unexpectedly this will be done via your preferred method (as indicated on your Client Record Form, which is completed prior to or during your initial consultation or first session). If contact is required with you prior to completion of your Client Record Form this will be done via the same method as contact was originally made with HCube.
7.2. It is your responsibility to update HCube of any changes to your contact details. HCube cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred or associated with travelling to a cancelled session if your contact details have changed and these have not been advised.
7.3. If a telephone message is left for you, only the callers first name and telephone number will be left, and no mention of the type of therapy being provided will be made.
8.1. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to HCube – please see our Privacy & Data Protection Policy for details on how data is collected, stored and used. Any information that is collected from you as a potential client or client, including contact details is held in the strictest of confidence and will never be shared with external parties without your express permission with the following exceptions:
8.1.1. Self-Harm: HCube may need to contact your GP if it appears that you are suicidal or intend to carry out serious self-harm.
8.1.2. Abuse/Injury to a Minor: HCube is legally required to report any abuse towards a minor to the appropriate authorities should you divulge any such information.
8.2. In order to meet Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements, anonymous case histories are sometimes discussed with peer-support groups and supervisors. Please note that no personal details are ever shared. On some occasions you may be asked if you consent to your session being audio recorded. These recordings are only used by HCube in order to prepare future sessions for you, and/or to discuss with a supervisor. All audio recordings are destroyed following session preparation and/or the relevant supervisory session. You are not obliged to agree to the recording of your session, and if you do not then your decision will be respected and will not affect your therapy. If you agree but later change your mind, please submit this decision in writing, at which point any audio recordings will be destroyed and confirmation provided to you of this.
9. Therapy Duration
9.1. A committed and motivated client is likely to achieve their realistic goals. A cure is not guaranteed, and it would not be ethical to make this claim. A guide to therapy duration and the number of sessions required will be provided at the initial consultation however this will be regularly reviewed during your therapy and any changes to this will be discussed with you.
9.2. Therapy duration and number of sessions estimates are based on those provided to previous clients, however as all clients and conditions are unique these estimates are subject to change.
10.1. The information contained on this website is for information only and it should not be considered as medical advice.
10.2. By browsing this website (LorraineGroves.com) you agree to comply with and be bound by the Website Usage Terms & Conditions which are in Section B of the Privacy & Data Protection Policy.
Last reviewed November 2020; last updated August 2020
Six sessions for the price of five Terms and Conditions
In addition to the General Terms and Conditions which can be found on this page, the following additional terms and conditions apply:
- The six sessions for the price of five offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
- The six sessions are valid for 12-weeks from the date of the first of the six sessions. Any sessions not carried out prior to the 12-weeks are forfeited unless it has previously been agreed with HCube to carry out sessions beyond this date.
- With the prior agreement of HCube any unused sessions may be cancelled and any refund due will be based on a calculation of the full session fee for each session carried out, therefore if five sessions have been carried out, no refund will be due.
- Sessions are up to 90 minutes in duration unless it has previously been advised by HCube that they will run for a longer duration to this. Any sessions which significantly run over the agreed session time may be subject to an additional per session charge, however this will be advised to you in the session and prior to any additional session time being used.
- Sessions not cancelled or rescheduled prior to the 24-hour notice period will be deemed to have been carried out unless otherwise agreed by HCube.
- Payment for this offer may either be made in advance of the first session, or after the first session payment has been made by paying the additional amount equal to the full price as advertised whereby an additional 5 sessions will be due within 12-weeks of the date of the first session. If this offer is accepted after more than one session has taken place, the previous sessions will not be included within the 6 sessions, and the full payment must be made.
- Once payment has been received a receipt will be issued by email, confirming these terms and conditions, or linking to them. Invoices are available on request.
- Sessions must be booked by contacting HCube by email; current contact details are available on this website.
- To guarantee availability HCube request that a minimum of 3 future sessions are diarised. These sessions can be amended with the required notice period and subject to availability.
- HCube reserve the right to decline or withdraw this offer, without prior notice, at any time. If the offer is withdrawn any remaining sessions advance paid will be honoured or refunded.
- HCube reserve the right to decline to provide this offer on a repeated basis if any of the other terms and conditions contained herein have not been adhered to.
- HCube reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- HCube will not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of this offer.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact HCube for clarification.
Last reviewed November 2020; last updated March 2021